Hello my fine fibbing friends,
Last night my grandmother revealed to me about how very happy she is that high waisted garments are back on fashion’s radar. As am I!
And at the moment I’m thinkin’ high waisted shorts are a great idea to mix up our spring wardrobe. I get seriously tired of wearing skirts and dresses to work, so, why not take a hint from the Olsen twins recent revelation of the new female suit? Swap out your skirt for shorts!
A great pair of high waisted shorts that can be worn from work during the day, and to drinks after, ready for play!
While scouring the net this afternoon, hidden from view while my boss is off in South Carolina preparing our studios for elections, I found a few glorious pairs of spring fling shorts. Don’t be surprised that they flatter, accentuate, and elongate those sexy stems! Powerful.
My pick of the litter (meow) was a hot little pair off of topshop.com– these are a neutral bone color that can be worn over and over again. They come with just the right amount of feminine flair, as seen in their hem, which is adorned with delicate lace. $75.00
Utilize the shorts’ transitional ability from work to drinks by wearing a fun slinky top underneath your work getup, a silk or satin dress shirt should do the trick. After 5 o’clock roll up your silken blouse and stow away in your purse. Accessorize with a belt dressy enough to go from day to night, and a light weight blazer–that you can wear to the office and leave behind if necessary 😉 toss on a pair of pumps along with a statement “OMG necklace” and, girl, you’re ready for a night out!
1. H&M Blazer $39.95 Wide-fitting design, slightly longer in front. Covered buttons at front and sleeves. 100% linen.
2. Sergio Rossi Caged Copper Ankle Wrap Sandal Original Price $550.00 Sale Price $199.95 Sophistication and femininity are possible without sacrificing comfort. Sergio Rossi has proven such with a fabulous line of beautiful footwear crafted of luxurious materials and fine Italian artistry.
- Fine Italian leather upper
- Adjustable ankle wrap
- Cushioned and leather lined insole
- 3¾” stacked heel
- Leather sole
- Made in Italy
3. Zara Chain Belt with Stones $29.90 90% METAL, 10% ACRYLIC
4. Foley & Corinna Bitty Biker Pouch Original Price $295.00, Neiman Marcus Last call Sale Price $200.00, Special Offer–additional 30% off: FINAL PRICE $140.00 Foley & Corinna know the hottest shape in handbags right now is a slouchy pouch. The easy to open style lets you access your essentials in an instant.
- Pewter tumbled leather.
- Silvertone hardware.
- Crossbody strap with decorative rings; 24″ drop.
- Gathered top.
- Exterior zip pockets with tassel pull tabs.
- 10″H x 9″W x 8″D.
5. SAM EDELMAN NILAND $99.95, Sale Price: $79.96
- Easy slip-on wear.
- Luscious leather upper with cutout at vamp.
- Leather lining.
- Lightly cushioned leather footbed.
- Wrapped platform and heel.
- Leather sole.
- Heel Height: 5 in
- Platform Height: 1 1⁄2 in
6. Dangling Faceted Bead Necklace $6.80 Glam up your outfit with this gorgeous necklace! Assorted faceted beads dangling on loop chains. High polish metal finish. Lobster claw clasp.
– 16″ approx. length; 3″ approx. length of dangling loop chains
7. H&M TUBE TOP $4.95 Fitted stretch design with an inner shelf bra and shirred sides. 5% elastane, 95% cotton.Machine wash at 40˚
8. See by Chloe Oversized silk-satin shirtOriginal price $520.00 Sale Price: $182.00 See by Chloé’s billowing shirt is a luxe essential -another way to wear- balance your proportions with spray-on jeans and sky-high heels! Gray silk-satin oversized shirt with large patch pockets at front. See by Chloé shirt is collarless, has press-stud fastening epaulets, a press-stud fastening placket, dropped shoulders, a wide band at hem and long sleeves with press-stud fastening cuffs. 100% silk. Dry clean.
9. PREMIUM WHITE LACE HEM SHORTS, $75.00 (PLUS FREE SHIPPING) White shorts with delicate lace hem, front pleats and concealed side zip. 100% Polyester. Hand wash only.
Feel free to share other shorts ideas–fellow fibbers are waiting..