After a recent trip to Hells Kitchen Flea Market (which I wouldn’t recommend going to the morning after a few too many glasses of champagne) I have decided I’ve fallen in love with needlepoint bags, 1920’s mesh/enamel purses and FRINGE! This is an awesome place to go if you’re into vintage AND SALES. I saw needlepoint totes, fur and fringe–all for under $100. I’ve been seeing copycat designers whipping up very similar needlepoint totes, flats and fringed bags and boots all over the place! I love the idea of mixing delicate, yet hardy, floral embroidery with nonchalant fringed suede or wool textured fringe…calling together a conglomeration of the 1920s and 1960s.
1. Tapisserie Hobo, by Freepeople $128.00
2. Lenape Fringe Bag Charm $38.00
3. Chainmail Beaded Bib, by Freepeople shown in Antique Gold $48.00
4. Diamond Brocade Wedges, WERE $148.00 NOW $79.95
5. Antique 1920s Whiting & Davis Enamel Mesh Purse Bag, $120.00 and $185.00
6. Mini Fringe Cross Body Bag by J.J. Winters, Shown in Navy Suede , $165.00
7. Flat Boots with Fringes from Zara, $189.00
8. Vintage 1960’s Floral Needlepoint handbag, $36.00
Try pairing suede fringed boots with an embroidered tote, or needlepoint wedgies or flats with a fringed cross body. Keep your outfit neutral and flowy, so the accessories are your standout pieces. I GUARANTEE compliments galore! If you’re not sure about fringe yet…ease into it with a fringe bag clip like the freepeople one shown above.
Shop On Fibbers.